Ladies and gentlemen, it's the day we've all been waiting for. No, not the rapture. Tonight, we fete the coming of the Viaductocalypse.
Viaduct status: Totally vacant in a few hours!
Recent earthquakes: Stuff's getting a little crazy down on Mt. Rainier!
Annoying shutdowns on the horizon: None, unless you count that huge nine-day closure that's happening starting tonight. Yeah, that one might suck.
Here's the news for the end-of-days:
· Check out this fun interactive map! [ST]
· Hints for getting around, courtesy of the local paper-of-record. [ST]
· Even more fun: watch this live stream of... nobody on the Viaduct. [ST]
· West Seattle's shutdown cheat sheet [WSB]
· On the bright side, garbage pickup is earlier next week because of the closure! [MGL]
· Wait! Saturday you can WALK on it! [P-I]