It's Friday! You know what that means, don't you? Time to visit our favorite rapidly diminishing highway!
Viaduct status: Present and accounted for.
Recent earthquakes: Oh hey, 1.1 near Tacoma! You did... absolutely nothing.
Annoying shutdowns on the horizon: Some less-than-fun lane closures, but they're working them around the Seahawks game. Thoughtful!
All the news that's fit to be linked:
· The first committee met to discuss the toll, which is still TBD. [WSB]
· Would a Ferris Wheel entice you to visit the waterfront during construction? (Answer: of course, duh. Shoot, Ferris Wheel would entice us to visit the DOL even.) [ST]
· The Viaduct is getting a $490k museum! Jeez, if we love it this much why are we tearing it down in the first place? [ST]
· This icky closure took place, but traffic was still just marginally sucky. [WSB]
· Needless to say, the state's Republican party isn't so keen on this museum deal. [P-I]