Each week, we'll take a peek into the public project we all love, loathe, and live to talk about: the ongoing battle for a Viaduct replacement.
Viaduct status: Still standing! Not that the traffic cam confirms that...
Recent earthquakes: Nothing big.
Annoying shutdowns on the horizon: The northbound right lane is closed from 9 pm to 3 am all week.
What we're getting: Still looks like a tunnel.
The latest and greatest on the tunnel (or lack thereof):
· The Truth Needle isn't totally buying the Mayor's assertion that the Viaduct replacement would cause the biggest traffic jam, like, ever.[Seattle Times]
· Pete Holmes isn't sure you get a say anyway, so stop worrying about it already, guys! [Seattle Times]
· Nonetheless, SeaTimes readers just can't stop writing in about the dang thing. [Seattle Times]
· And now there's a lawsuit! [Seattle Times]
· Seattlest thinks NYT's coverage of the issue a few weeks ago was sort of shaky. [Seattlest]
· Linda Thomas compared it to a slutty mom! For shame. And for laughter. [The News Chick]