Viaduct status: Very much upright. Traffic cam's still broken, but trust us.
Recent earthquakes: Not much to discuss here.
Annoying shutdowns on the horizon: Down to a single lane in some places. Gross.
What we're getting: A tunnel, if we ever get to vote on it.
· KC Executive Dow Constantine thinks this whole thing is just to make people abandon driving. [PubliCola]
· SDOT released a big study on the impact of the boring process, and STB explained it. [STB]
· Urban Renaissance Property is so pro-tunnel they're paying for a campaign! [PubliCola]
· Even after the thing is built, if you avoid it you're going to be tolled everywhere. [Seattle Times]
· Is the Sierra Club too buddy-buddy with McGinn over this debacle? [Seattle Times]
· Crosscut thinks the state probably couldn't design a working highway if they tried. [Crosscut]
· The tunnel consulting company even thinks the whole sitch is sort of shaky. [P-I]
· David Bricklin straight up called the tunnel "stupid" on television! [PubliCola]
· The P-I publicly yearned for simpler times with this pretty photo of Alaskan Way. [P-I]