Each week, we take a peek into the public project we all love, loathe, and live to talk about: the ongoing battle for a Viaduct replacement.
So what kind of Alaskan Way Viaduct adventures might befall you this weekend? Very few, actually. Things were sort of quiet this week. However, the whole thing is shutting down at nighttime through Sunday, so have fun getting from Queen Anne to Sodo after 11, suckers!
Viaduct status: More or less in stasis.
Recent earthquakes: Nothin'. Sorry, honey.
Annoying shutdowns on the horizon: It's totally closed for business from 11 pm to 5 am all weekend. Fun?
What we're getting: Apparently maybe a new governor, but no word on the tunnel really. It's all up for grabs!
Here's the deal:
· Rudy Giuliani + Viaduct closures = ...not such a horrible commute home. [WSB]
· Protect Seattle Now doesn't like the ballot language for the tunnel vote. [PubliCola]
· The Stranger got totally called out for having a sort of messy anti-tunnel argument. [SW]
· Kevin Fullerton and Brady Montz think voters should sort of pay attention to this whole fiasco. [PubliCola]
· The Seattle Times' opinion pages took on the topic. [Seattle Times]
· Dick Falkenbury thinks the whole anti-tunnel campaign is pointless anyway. [P-I]