Each week, we take a peek into the public project we all love, loathe, and live to talk about: the ongoing battle for a Viaduct replacement.
Things remained... well, pretty much the same this week. That's not to say we were in stasis, though! Some people are getting sued, some people might be recalled, and some people are totally over the whole situation. Good to know we're handling this with Pacific Northwestern aplomb.
Viaduct status: Toughing it out.
Recent earthquakes: 2.1! Nice.
Annoying shutdowns on the horizon: Some nighttime shutdowns starting a week from today, but nothing huge. Are we traitors for saying the traffic isn't actually that horrific? (Sorry in advance for that jinx, Seattle.)
What we're getting: You get to decide! Well, not really, but you can tell people what you want.
Here's the scoop:
· The southern roadwork is ahead of schedule! [WSB]
· Conlin might get recalled over this lawsuit thing... [Seattlest]
· The City Council voted in favor of suing Initiative 101 proponents. [PubliCola]
· OMG CONLIN JAYWALKS. [PubliCola]
· Whatever. Mayor McGinn is totally over this. [SW]