Each week, we take a peek into the public project we all love, loathe, and live to talk about: the ongoing battle for a Viaduct replacement.
Viaduct status: Upright. (And doomed.)
Recent earthquakes: A 3.2 out in Maple Valley!
Annoying shutdowns on the horizon: The calm before the storm is here, because nothing too horrible's happening next week.
Here's all the gossip:
· Here are the specifics of the shutdown, if you're not already quaking in your boots. [Fremont Universe]
· Here's how West Seattle's Metro riders will have to deal with the whole situation. [WSB}
· Not only is Pioneer Square going to get totally slammed when construction starts, they're also not getting their streetcar now! [NPS]
· The West Side is so screwed. [ST]
· We still don't know what the toll will be, by the way. [WSB]
· Consider the ball officially rolling on construction. [ST]