Last year, Redfin named Ravenna the best neighborhood in Seattle to see holiday lights. This year, Ravenna has successfully defended its crown as the Seattle-area's most lit-up neighborhood come Christmas time.
They've even provided a top five if you're looking for a place to take a drive with the family and see the coolest, most unique holiday lights around town.
1. Ravenna: "Candy Cane Lane has been a Seattle holiday tradition since 1949. More than 20 homes on the street decorate with lights every year. The lane is located at NE Park Road, off of Ravenna Blvd."
2. Ballard: "The Olympic Manor neighborhood, around NW 85th Street and 23rd Ave NW, gets festive with lights, inflatables and more."
3. Sammamish: "The Timberline and Windsor Greens neighborhoods in Sammamish are known for bright displays. Don't miss the cul-de-sac at 204th Avenue Northeast; eleven homes each decorate with a different theme."
4. Mountlake Terrace: "The "Mountlake Terrace Christmas Light Display," located at 228 St. SW and 42nd Place has been a holiday tradition for years. Around 25 homes create magical light displays for all to enjoy."
5. Issaquah: "Nutcracker Lane, located at 190th Avenue Southeast off Southeast 44th Way, turns into a winter wonderland this time of year. Each house on the cul de sac has a painted nutcracker statue and lights. Residents along Southeast 35th Place also get into the holiday spirit; one must-see home is located at 24218 SE 35th Pl."
We'll also throw West Seattle into the mix. Head over to West Seattle Blog's lights map to see their updates on local lights. Also, MyNorthwest has a pretty handy map for holiday hotspots this season.
Know of any other holiday light displays that need to be honored? Share them below or send us the info and we'll feature.
· Redfin Names the Best Neighborhoods to See Holiday Lights [Redfin]
· Seattle's Best Neighborhoods To See Holiday Lights (2012) [Curbed Seattle]