Dean Jones over at Realogics Southeby's blog put things in perspective when it comes to Amazon's recent real estate transactions and how they are turning the stretch between South Lake Union to Downtown Seattle into "The Ama-Zone."
Between the purchase of their 1.8 million square foot campus from Vulcan to their 3.3-million square-foot office project near Denny Triangle, it's going to be hard not to run into someone wearing an Amazon badge no matter where you are downtown. And they're not done yet.
As Dean puts it, Amazon is "quickly becoming to downtown Seattle what Microsoft became to Redmond – a major employer and an urban game changer." How's that sound to you?
· ENTER THE "AMA-ZONE" [Realogics]
· Amazon Plans New Neighborhood In SLU, Seattle's Hottest Chef [Curbed Seattle]
· Amazon Looking Into More Downtown Expansion [Curbed Seattle]
· Amazon's South Lake Union Expansion Gets The A-OK [Curbed Seattle]
· Amazon's two megadeals net $24 million for city, state governments [PSBJ]