Bill Vipond, Chris Hansen's real estate consultant, told King5 that "we're done" in terms of buying all of the property they need for their SoDo Arena plans following the purchase of the final piece of the puzzle on Wednesday.
Hansen's WSA Properties purchased three lots amassing 45,000 square feet just east of 1st Avenue South for just-over $9M. This purchase completes a corridor that he also owns and will likely end up as parking lots and pedestrian space, including...
· A trapezoid-shaped, 10,000 square-foot property at the northwest corner of First Avenue S. and S. Holgate Street.
· A 26,640 square-foot corner property across the street from that on First Ave. where the old Paper Zone store was located.
· Two blocks south of the proposed arena site at 1757 1st Avenue South.
In total, Hansen has now spent over $65M on land in and around the SoDo Arena project. Including various costs on each deal, the overall number is likely closer to $70-80M.
The NBA will likely make a decision on whether or not the sale of the Sacramento Kings to Hansen will go through. In the meantime, the would-be Sonics owner has certainly put his money where his mouth is.
· Hansen closes on final piece of property for Seattle arena [King5]
· Chris Hansen Apparently Buying Entire SoDo Neighborhood [Curbed Seattle]
· Seattle Arena Investor Chris Hansen Buying Up More SoDo Land [Curbed Seattle]