Welcome to The Brokerbabble Glossary, where Curbed takes a word or phrase that shows up repeatedly in listings and deciphers its true meaning. Ideas or suggestions? Hit up the tipline.
· 17254 33rd Ave S, SeaTac [Estately]
One definition for "commanding" is "dominating, as by magnitude or position." It's easy to see why commanding would work its way into real estate listings, especially when a particular view or placement warrants it. Of course, most of the time it does not warrant it, but that doesn't stop folks from shoehorning it in anyway...
· 19607 97th Ave NE, Bothell [Estately]
If literally having two stories is the basic requirement of being commanding, then, sure.
· 24912 SE 184th St, Maple Valley [Estately]
It's a nice kitchen. We'd be happy to eat in that kitchen. We have no problem with that kitchen. But that kitchen, sir or madam, is not commanding.
· 609 Evergreen Point Rd, Medina [Estately]
All the softening in the world isn't going to change that Star Wars Imperial Cruiser
· Curbed Seattle's Brokerbabble Glossary archives [Curbed Seattle]
· The Curbed National Brokerbabble Glossary archives [Curbed National]