Welcome to The Brokerbabble Glossary, where Curbed takes a word or phrase that shows up repeatedly in listings and deciphers its true meaning. Ideas or suggestions? Hit up the tipline.
· 212 31st Ave S [Estately]
What is art? Is art even really art? What makes something artistic? These are the questions we hoped to answer by perusing the Seattle-area's real estate listings and, well, much like many abstract art pieces, we're not entirely sure we got it. Like in the case of the tile floor above, which, unless "artistic" is the color of the tiles, we don't get it.
· 105 26th Ave E [Estately]
We suppose that metal railing is artistic in the way that its not. At all. Is this what postmodern art is supposed to be like?
· 9104 SE 57th St, Mercer Island [Estately]
"Artistic details" = wood.
· 15213 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon [Estately]
Is this a Vashon 3-BR or The Louvre? Honestly, we can't tell.
· Curbed Seattle's Brokerbabble Glossary archives [Curbed Seattle]
· The Curbed National Brokerbabble Glossary archives [Curbed National]