We're starting to feel a bit like a broken record talking about rising Seattle home prices. Incidentally, if home prices keep going at this pace, they'll be breaking their own records. Per the latest S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index, March home prices in Seattle were up 7.5 percent from where they were this time last year. Prices are also up 2.3 percent from the previous month (which itself was up almost one percent from the month before that). That number is still down from March 2014's YOY growth of 11.6 percent.
All of this is to say Seattle is 6th on the list of fastest-growing housing markets among major U.S. cities. Seattle is also only one of ten cities with higher price increases in March 2015 over the previous year.
The last time home prices were this high? September 2008, which you might remember as the month Washington Mutual failed. On second thought, maybe don't think about those connotations...
· Home Price Gains Accelerate, Led by San Francisco and Denver [S&P]
· Seattle home prices increase faster than almost every other U.S. city [PSBJ]
· Seattle home prices up 7.5 percent in March from year ago [ST]
· Case-Shiller: Home Prices Shot Up in March [SB]
· February Seattle Home Prices Were Up, Which You Already Knew [CS]